small private group
small private group
Enjoy a private day tour heading north to the historic Boyne Valley or south to scenic County Wicklow direct from the Dublin Port Cruise Ship Terminal or Dún Laoghaire Harbour.
Your private guide (also your driver) will meet you at either location and private transport will be by Skoda Superb Sedan or by Mercedes MPV for larger parties of up to seven passengers.
Boyne Valley Shore Excursion
The Boyne Valley has a rich heritage going back 5,000 years to the Stone Age when the prehistoric tombs at Newgrange and Knowth were constructed. Around 2,000 years ago, the royal Hill of Tara was the inauguration site for the Celtic High Kings of Ireland.
Directly across from Tara, as the crow flies, the Hill of Slane, was where in 433AD Ireland’s patron saint, St. Patrick, lit an Easter Paschal fire in defiance of Tara’s pagan King Laoghaire. The Round Tower and High Crosses at the impressive early Christian site at Monasterboice are around 1,000 years old. At nearby Mellifont Abbey, the well-preserved remains of Ireland’s first Cistercian abbey founded by St. Malachy of Armagh in 1142 are a stunning sight.
Wicklow Shore Excursion
Wicklow, known as the ‘Garden of Ireland’, is renowned for its stunning landscapes. Visitors on a Wicklow private shore excursion tour will experience everything from rugged mountains and natural wilderness to monastic ruins. Although close to Ireland’s capital city, Dublin, Wicklow’s scenery competes with that of the spectacular west coast of Ireland.
- Trim Castle – the largest Anglo-Norman castle in Ireland.
- Bective Abbey – Cistercian abbey founded in 1147.
- Slane Castle – the family home of the Conyngham family since the 18th century.
- Hill of Slane – where St. Patrick lit the Paschal Fire in 433.
- Monasterboice – Early Christian site with round tower and 10th century high crosses.
- Lough Tay – Marvel at breath-taking scenery and see why Lough Tay is also known as the ‘Guinness Lake.’
- Glendalough – Immerse yourself in an ancient monastic settlement founded by St Kevin in the 6th century.
Make a booking today!
When you book with Boyne Valley Tours, you will experience over 5,000 years of Irish culture and history, plus breath-taking scenery.
- Phone within Ireland: 087 8354805
- International or WhatsApp: +353 87 8354805
- USA/Canada: 011 353 87 8354805
Book Online Now!
- Boyne Valley Shore Excursion
- Wicklow Shore Excursion
- Cancellation Policy
You may also like
When you book with Boyne Valley Tours you will experience over 5,000 years of Irish Culture and History. Choose from our tours across the Boyne Valley as well as popular Wicklow Tours and Highlights.